The Z80 Monsputer has of course a CPU. It went from several iterations of design over the years. This is probably not the last one because of the ugly patches.
- Z80 CPU running at 4 MHz
- 6850 main UART
- 8253 for UART baud rate and buzzer sound
- 6821 for use with the interconnect board
- 8K EPROM or EEPROM for the BIOS
- 6264 8K RAM with battery backup
- 3 x 32k RAM
- ATF1504AS CPLD for the glue logic
The CPLD chip isn’t big enough for the task, I had to put some ugly patches to make this work and this would need a redesign of this board to make it cleaner.